starbucks caramel walnut brownie and velvet caramel cake

About a month after trying those three Starbucks muffins I decided to go see what else there was to try. I knew they had lots of sweet temptations on display, but I couldn't remember what they were. So I didn't know what my pick was going to be.

Funny, they didn't have so many things on display at that hour. That meant I took my decision almost instantly. I had to try the Caramel Chocolate Brownie with Walnuts! And that little Velvet Choc-Caramel Cake looked so pretty!

I got home, I took the Caramel Chocolate Brownie with Walnuts out of its box and I started sniffing it. Caramel and cocoa. Yes, that's what it was supposed to smell of. And then I moved on to the taste test. Mmm... not bad, but... And then suddendly I had an idea - heat it up in the microwave oven!

So, what to do in the meanwhile? That's easy, right? Take the Velvet Choc-Caramel Cake out of its box, sniff it, take a picture, have a taste of it as well... Well, that was the plan anyway. What actually happened was that I heard that annoying beep from the microwave oven (signalling that it was done) before the "have a taste of the pretty caramel and cocoa smelling cake cake" stage. Not that it mattered much to me - I simply unplugged it so that it would shut up (I don't know how other microwave ovens behave after they're done, but mine keeps "singing" until I take out whatever is inside... or until I unplug it) and I returned to my teaspoon. I liked the cake. It was nothing amazing, but it was everything the name promised it would be. The cake base was sweet and moist and the cocoa and caramel cream layers tasted just as their name suggested they should and they brought a nice refreshing overall feeling. And they looked so nice... I had to take a picture of the inside as well.

Then it was back to the brownie. Oh... it looked like a huge mess. But then I tasted it. It was delicious, crazy-delicious! There weren't many walnut pieces in there, and walnuts are some of my favourite nuts. I probably would have liked it even better had there been more walnut pieces.

Price:
» Caramel Chocolate Brownie with Walnuts: 10.5 lei (about 100g); that's the equivalent of €2.45/ ₤2.11/ $3.41;
» Velvet Choc-Caramel Cake: 12.9 lei (not sure, it was about half the brownie in size); that's the equivalent of €3.01/ ₤2.59/ $4.19

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)