majestic rum bar

I don't know much about Majestic. I couldn't find anything about them on the internet. I remember first seeing their chocolates about a year and a half ago. It was a box of chocolates with rum cream, so it wasn't long before I gave it a try. Considering the price, I thought the chocolates were nice enough. What I liked best about them was the texture of the rum cream.

About two months ago, I bought another Majestic chocolate box. This time, it was a box of chocolates with cocoa cream. And I was less than delighted. But that didn't stop me from trying a Majestic Rum mini bar three weeks ago. It was very cheap anyway.

The wrapper was simple and suggestive. Opening it, a nice rum smell came out. The bar inside also looked very simple. It wasn't divided into blocks. It only had some waves on top and that was all. Breaking it into two, I could see it was filled with a really nice looking cream and that the chocolate shell was a lot thicker than in the case of the boxed chococolates. There was still a fair amount of cream inside. And I could feel the rum smell was stronger. And then I took a bite... oh... The only nice thing I can say about this bar from now on is that I still liked the texture of the cream. The shell sure didn't feel like chocolate. It didn't melt in the mouth. It felt chewy. And the overall taste was extremely sweet. I couldn't feel any cocoa in there. It felt like what I had in my mouth was rum-flavoured sugar cream and a very sweet chewy shell. I got that throat burning sensation, even though the amount eaten was so small.

Ingredients: sugar, hydrogenated vegetable fat, whey powder, glucose syrup, isoglucose, cocoa powder, humectant agent: sorbitol syrup, skimmed milk powder, emulsifiers: soya lecithin & poliglycerol poliricinoleate, cocoa mass, invertase, identical natural flavour: rum, ethylic alcohol, rum 0.02%, iodized salt, flavouring: vanillin, preservative: sorbic acid; manufactured on equipment that processes milk, hazelnuts, peanuts, soya and gluten.

Storage: avoid exposure to direct sunlight; keep dry (relative humidity mx 65%) and cool (16-18°C).

Nutritional info per 100g of product: 382.5kcal, protein 5.7g, fat 17.9g, carbohydrate 65g.

Price: 0.28 lei (28g bar); that's the equivalent of €0.07/ ₤0.06/ $0.09.

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)