antarctica millenium

I mentioned earlier that probably won't be trying any other coffee ice-creams... at least not in the near future. The day before trying those three scoops of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream, I had bought two boxes of ice-cream. They were on sale and they were quite cheap. They are produced by Antarctica, a Romanian ice-cream producer. I must confess I didn't know anything about Antarctica before buying these two boxes (when I finally looked at the label for some info... and I found an e-mail address). I had tried other products from them in the past and they were decent, though most of them had nothing that would make want to try them again either. I thought the Blue Ice Chocolate-Brandy and the Blue Ice Caramel and Vanilla were awesome and so was the Premium Chocolate Cream. I also liked the Jordi Chocolate Ice-Cream Covered in Chocolate, the Premium Caramel & Walnuts and the Rony Vanilla & Chocolate Sandwich. But I had never thought to look for info about them on the packaging. And just a Google search never helped - I could only find. And I actually managed to do some harm there. You see, from a distance, their logo looks a little like...

... the Durex logo. I has those rounded corners, it has that light border, it has the blue background. I actually happened to see an Antarctica box from a certain distance and think it had Durex written on it. And I couldn't help making comments about that on the internet. So now when I search for images of "inghetata Antarctica" ("inghetata" means ice-cream)... this is what I find. And I don't find the pictures that I took and then uploaded, though I think I usually tag them well enough. Oh, well...

Back to the ones I bought that Wednesday - they were the Millenium Vanilla and Chocolate Flavour and the Millenium Rum and Coffee Flavour. They were awful. Especially the coffee part of the second ice-cream box and the raisins on top of the same one, they were horribly dry and they tasted bad. The rum part was the best, and it was followed by the chocolate part of the first ice-cream box.

Ingredients:
» Millenium Vanilla and Chocolate Flavour: sugar, rehydrated whole powdered milk, whey powder, vegetable fat, emulsifier (mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), thickening agents (locust bean gum, guar gum, carrageenan), low fat cocoa (3%), chocolate and vanilla flavouring, beta-carotene, chocolate pieces 2% (cocoa, sugar, lecithin, vanillin).
» Millenium Rum and Coffee Flavour: sugar, rehydrated whole powdered milk, whey powder, vegetable fat, emulsifier (mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids), thickening agents (locust bean gum, guar gum, carrageenan), rum and coffee flavouring, caramel E150a, chocolate flavoured cocoa topping 3% (water, sugar, thickening agent, low fat cocoa (3%), chocolate flavour), raisins 2%.

Storage: keep at temperatures not exceeding -18°C; after defrosting, ice-cream may not be frozen again and consumed.

Price: 7.5 lei each 2 l box; that's the equivalent of €1.76/ ₤1.52/ $2.41.

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)