virginias premium 70% orange intense

While ice-cream may be my favourite sweet thing to try, I'll now take a break and move on to something different - biscuits. With lots of chocolate, because that's how I like them best.

Usually, when I think of Spain, I think about macaque monkeys, Moorish palaces, bullfights, football, Altamira caves... not sweets. I don't think I've ever tried any other Spanish sweets except those from Virginias. I discovered them more than two years ago with their Chocolate Truffle Turron with Cherries in Liqueur (Spanish original: Turron Trufado de Chocolate con Guindas al Licor). And I was delighted. I've tried a few more things from them and I was delighted almost every time. And the almost has to do with the storage conditions, not the actual quality of the chocolate. But I had never tried any of their biscuits...

... until yesterday, when I bought a pack from their Premium 70% range - biscuits covered in dark 70% chocolate. Obviously, I chose the pack that was most appealing to me, the Orange Intense (Spanish original: Naranja Intensa).

It was a wise choice. Inside the box, the biscuits (twelwe of them, 10g each) were wrapped in a golden foil. On opening it, I started to smell the orange. The biscuits were crunchy, the chocolate coating was thick but creamy and was sending out strong cocoa and orange flavours.

I cannot wait to try more sweet things from Virginias. I'm thinking about trying the Pineapple Mousse Truffle Turron (Spanish original: Turron Trufado Mousse de Pina) a the end of this week.

Ingredients:
» Coating (52%) - dark chocolate with 70% cocoa: cocoa paste, sugar, cocoa butter, emulsifier (soya lecithin), flavour.
» Biscuit (39%): wheat flour, sugar, partially hydrogenated vegetable fat, antioxidants E304 & E306, vegetable fat, corn syrup & fructose syrup, lactoserum, powdered skimmed milk, salt, dextrose, gasifiers (carbonate acid of ammonium and carbonate acid of sodium), emulsifier (soya lecithin), preserver (potassium metabisulphite), flavour.
» Decoration (9%) - milk chocolate: sugar, hydrogenated vegetable fat, lactose, fat reduced cocoa powder, emulsifier (soya lecithin), flavour.

Storage: in a cool, dry place.

Nutritional info per 100g of product: energy 535kcal, protein 5g, fat 30g, carbohydrates 62g.

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)