galmopan dulcissimo halloween

I know, Halloween was two weeks ago. But I only found these biscuits yesterday. I'm a big orange fan. I'm always curious to try things with chocolate chips. Almost anything that combines the two sounds, as the box puts it, "terribly delicious" to me, so I was not to pass this product just because I discovered it late.

The box looks... interesting. The "heads" are not pumpkins, but oranges. Well, that makes sense, considering this product has nothing to do with pumpkins, but it has orange syrup. I have absolutely no idea how you can empty an orange like that without destroying the content. There are also some bats flying around the "heads" and on one side you can see the "Halloween Terribly Delicious" description, while on the other side it is specified that this is a product belonging to the Dulcissimo range and there is a short description of this product: cookies with orange syrup & chocolate chips.

I know... I skipped something. Who are Galmopan? Well, until checking the Galmopan website today, the only thing I knew was that they make lots of biscuits and cookies. Turns out their product range is even wider than I used to think. History lesson. The factory was founded in 1892 by Ludwig Josiek in Galati - that's a port on the Danube, and the origin of the "Gal" in Galmopan (and it might have something to do with the fact that they have something that looks like a ship's wheel as a part of their logo); the "mo" comes from "morarit" which means "milling" and the "pan" comes from "panificatie" which means "bakery". Ludwig Josiek? That's not a Romanian name. Ludwig sounds German and Josiek sounds Polish if you ask me. That might explain this 1892 poster that is written in Romanian but has the Galati name in German (Galatz). Anyway, moving on, there's nothing but silence for almost a century. Then, in the past twenty years, the business has been reorganized and they've taken over other producers. I started noticing their products about two years ago. Some of their biscuits are really nice.

Inside the box, there was a sealed bag. I opened the bag and I had a shock. The smell that hit me... I almost fainted with delight. Those cookies smell just like the cakes my dad's mom (yes, daddy, you can tell her) makes. She uses orange peel and cocoa for that kind of cake. There were 17 cookies in the bag and seven of them disappeared in no time. I didn't even pay much attention to the taste. It wasn't great, it wasn't bad, the orange was certainly present, the chocolate chips melted nicely. The texture of the cookie part was inconsistent and not that great. Some parts still retained some moisture, others were too dry. But the smell, oh, that smell...

Ingredients: wheat flour, vegetable fat, chocolate chips 15% (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, low fat cocoa powder, emulsifier: soy lecithin, flavour: vanillin), sugar, orange syrup 8% (glucose-fructose syrup, orange juice, sugar, flavours, paprika), corn starch, skimmed milk powder, fructose syrup, egg powder, raising agents: , salt, flavours; no hydrogenated fats; may contain: traces of peanuts, hazelnuts, and other three nuts; contains: gluten (wheat), eggs, soy, milk.

Storage: keep cool and dry.

Nutritional info per 100g of product: 454kcal, protein 6g, fat 19.8g, carbohydrate 63g.

Price: 3.49 lei (160g box); that's the equivalent of €0.81/ ₤0.7/ $1.12.

PS - It was looking at me when I came out of the supermarket with this box of biscuits. Looking at me with its Laser Eyes!

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)