vel pitar choco muffin

Vel Pitar is a Romanian bakery that was founded in Ramnicu Valcea ten years ago. They make bread, pretzels, swiss rolls, mini-cakes, biscuits, wafers, pastry, pound cakes, doughnuts and muffins.

I didn't know about the muffins until two weeks ago, when I accidentally saw them in a supermarket where I usually go because they have interesting Swiss and German chocolates. They had both the Vanilla Muffin and the Choco Muffin, but I'm usually not that attracted to packaged muffins (even though I thought the wrappers for these muffins were really pretty), so I only bought the Choco Muffin.

Fortunately, the muffin wasn't as bad as I usually imagine packaged muffins are. I actually liked it better than the French Bakery ones. It wasn't dry and the cocoa flavours were quite nice. But the texture wasn't as dense as I would have liked it to be. And you can call me crazy, but I actually cut this muffin into slices and I had the last slices with my mother's plum, walnut and cinnamon jam (heated in the microwave before pouring it onto those tiny slices). That improved things a lot. Thanks, mom!

Ingredients: sugar, white wheat flour, eggs, vegetable oil, chocolate flakes 12%, vegetable fats, cocoa, cocoa butter 12%, wheat starch, corn starch, milk powder, baking agent: sodium bicarbonate, emulsifiers: lecithin & mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, thickening agent: xanthan gum, iodized salt, natural/ natural identical flavours: rum & vanilla, presevative:sorbic acid; contains: gluten, eggs, milk powder; does not contain genetically modified organisms.

Storage: keep in a cool, aery and dry place.

Price: 2.45 lei (80g); that's the equivalent of €0.57/ ₤0.5/ $0.79.

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)