kaufland ice-creams

I almost never go into Kaufland. All their hypermarkets are out of my way most of the time and, when they happen to be in my way, I don't have the time for going in. So when I recently went into one of their hypermarkets, I had no idea that they had their own ice-cream range. Ice-cream? Must try!

What they had didn't really look that appealing to me. I thought I shouldn't take any chances and just buy some flavours, that I "tradionally" like, flavours that I grew up with, flavours that I've already tried in really crappy versions - chocolate and fake tiramisu. Perhaps I should explain what fake tiramisu means to me. For me, real tiramisu is the one with mascarpone... which I am not touching because I don't like cheese. Fake tiramisu is a cheap version, without mascarpone and sometimes even without coffee, which gets replaced by cocoa (and that's something that I also like). I also decided to try another flavour that I've only discovered two and a half years ago - cookies & cream... seemed safe enough. I was also looking at the amarena cherry and the lemon varieties for a little while, but I decided not to take any chances.

So my three choices were K-Classic Choco-Vanilla, K-Classic Tiramisu and Stilla Dolce Cookies & Cream (yes, this last one is also a Kaufland brand). This last one was also the first one that I've tried. It's a vanilla ice-cream with 6% cocoa cookie pieces. Tastewise it was good, but I didn't like its melt. For me, that's quite important and it's what makes the difference between high quality ice-creams, like those from G7 Gelati or Haagen Dazs and the rest.

Things got worse with the other two, both in terms of taste and melt. The Choco-Vanilla box was even cracked (I know, I should have looked more carefully at it when I took it) and the ice-cream tasted really bad around that crack. I spit that and threw away the ice-cream that part of the box. Other than that, the taste was mostly a generic, boring sweet taste. I thought the chocolate sauce on top was the best tasting part and I found the chocolate flakes annoying. Ironic that they have written on the box "il meglio" (that means "the best" in Italian) - they're far from being the best, they're actually some of the worst.

Ingredients:
» Kaufland Stilla Dolce Cookies & Cream: cream, skimmed milk, sugar, cocoa cookie pieces 6% (wheat flour, sugar, vegetable fat, low-fat cocoa, leavening agents: sodium bicarbonate & ammonium bicarbonate & potassium carbonate, salt), powdered skimmed milk, egg yolk, vanilla extract.
» Kaufland K-Classic Choco-Vanilla: cream, skimmed milk, sugar, chocolate-flavoured cocktail 17.5% (whole milk, sugar, glucose syrup, water, butter, low fat cocoa, modified starch, natural flavour, salt, emulsifier: mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, thickening agents: carob gum & guar gum & carrageenans), sugar, whey product, glucose-fructose syrup, low fat cocoa 1.5%, egg white, emulsifier: emulsifier: mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, starch, thickening agents: carob gum & guar gum, Jamaica rum, natural flavour, dye: beta caroten.
» Kaufland K-Classic Tiramisu: cream 30%, skimmed milk, sugar, cocoa and coffee cocktail 17.5% (whole milk, sugar, glucose syrup, water, vegetable fat, low fat cocoa, modified starch, coffee extract, natural flavour, salt, emulsifier: mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, thickening agents: carob gum & guar gum & carrageenans), glucose-fructose syrup, sugar, whey product, egg white, coffee extract, emulsifier: emulsifier: mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids, starch, thickening agents: carob gum & guar gum, Marsala wine, natural flavour (contains milk), dye: beta caroten & caramel & sodium sulphite.

Storage: keep at temperatures not exceeding -18°C; after defrosting, ice-cream may not be frozen again and consumed.

Nutritional info per 100g of product:
» Kaufland Stilla Dolce Cookies & Cream: energy 274kcal, protein 4.2g, fat 17.6g, carbohydrates 24.6g.
None for the other two.

Price:
» Kaufland Stilla Dolce Cookies & Cream: 8.1 lei for the 416g/ 500ml box; that's the equivalent of €1.9/ ₤1.66/ $2.64.
» Kaufland K-Classic Choco-Vanilla/ Tiramisu: 6.4 lei each 505g/ 900ml box; that's the equivalent of €1.5/ ₤1.31/ $2.09

On the back of the K-Classic ones they also say "if you're not satisfied, we'll return your money" - I'm sure this isn't even worth trying. I have plenty of things to complain about, but I guess they can always say that taste is subjective, that you're not supposed to let your ice-cream start melting before you eat it. But I like my ice-cream on the soft creamy side (without taking that too far, I don't like ice-cream dripping from the spoon either), not on the hard frozen side. I don't leave it at room temperature much, but still, when it starts melting on the sides it splits into a liquid and a foam. Quality ice-cream turns into a cream at room temperature, it doesn't split into liquid and foam (and I'm talking about minutes, not hours). I bought most of the G7 Gelati in August. It was hot. Some of them I bought from the other part of the city - that means 35 to 50 minutes to get back home. Yet they were perfect when I arrived home with them.

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)