davinia chocolate with praline filling

Davinia. Who are Davinia? I still don't know, I haven't been able to find much about them on the internet. They're from Belgium, and they also make some truffles called Royal Truffles, some Milk Mini-Chocolates and some spread called ChocoDuo.

I first saw three of their chocolate bars two weeks ago. They seemed interesting, so I tried two of them (Milk Chocolate with Praline Filling and Dark Chocolate with Praline Filling) a week later.

The two wrappers looked very much alike, the only thing that was visibly different being the background colour - red for the milk chocolate bar and brown for the dark chocolate bar. At first, I even thought that the chocolate images on the two wrappers were one and the same and that they had simply altered the colours to make the dark chocolate... well, darker. However, after looking more carefully, I discovered a few more differences - can anyone else find at least two? The two chocolate bars each weighed 75g and were divided into six pieces (that would be 12.5g per piece). The milk chocolate bar looked perfect, but the dark chocolate one was bloomed.

I started sniffing them. I could detect a hazelnut smell from both. In addition to that, I also detected some cocoa scents from the dark chocolate one. Unfortunately, from this point on, I have nothing positive to say about them. The chocolate in both bars was too dry for me. I also found the hazelnut taste to be too strong for my liking. And the taste of the dark bar reminded me of some bad hot chocolate I've had a while ago.

So I don't think I care much to learn more about Davinia after trying these two bars. The price per 100g makes them more expensive than Lindt and tastewise, they are way below Lindt chocolates.

Ingredients:
» Milk Chocolate with Praline Filling (filling 46.1%): sugar, cocoa butter, vegetable oil (palm), cocoa mass, whole milk powder, hazelnuts 15%, dry cocoa powder, emulsifier: E322 (contains soya), flavours: vanillin & walnuts; cocoa: min. 35.3%; may contain traces of gluten and eggs.
» Dark Chocolate with Praline Filling (filling 50.3%): sugar, cocoa mass, vegetable oil (palm), cocoa butter, hazelnuts 15%, dry cocoa powder, whole milk powder, emulsifier: E322 (contains soya), flavours: vanillin & hazelnuts; cocoa: min. 46.3%; may contain traces of eggs.

Storage: keep in a dry and cool place.

Nutritional info per 100g of product:
» Milk Chocolate with Praline Filling: energy 570kcal, protein 6.3g, fat 37.5g, carbohydrates 51.8g.
» Dark Chocolate with Praline Filling: energy 556kcal, protein 6.9g, fat 38.8g, carbohydrates 44.8g.

Price: 6.5 lei each 75g bar; that's the equivalent of €1.51/ ₤1.33/ $2.09.

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)