primola 20 assorted pralines

Primola is a brand of Supreme Group (yes, I'm finally starting to post pictures of Romanian sweets as well). I discovered it some seven- eight years ago. Back then, I really liked their Brandy (which they've taken out in the meanwhile and... damn! I cannot even find a picture of it on the internet) and Caramel (link, presentation photo) chocolate bars. A few years later, they introduced a Dark - Liqueur & Cherries (Romanian original: Amaruie - Lichior & Cirese) bar which I also really liked, unfortunately, didn't last long (but at least I could find a picture of it - low quality, but I guess it's better than nothing...). Last Christmas, they put out a box called Cherry in Liqueur (link, presentation photo) - I was really excited as I was hoping it would be something like the bar (even though the bar did not contain whole cherries). But I was going to be disappointed. They either changed the recipe or my taste buds have got pickier over the years.

It was not the first time I had got to that conclusion. About eight months before, I had tried the Caramel bar again. And I did not like it anymore. So, is there anything from their current range that I actually like? Well, they have decent cereal chocolates. A Cereal & Cocoa Cream bar (link, screenshot) and chocolate box (link, screenshot) and a Cereal & Whipped Cream bar (link, presentation picture) and chocolate box (link, presentation picture). And two or three years ago they've launched a premium range called Primola Supreme - I particularly like the Chocolate Mousse (link, screenshot).

This spring, I saw a new chocolate box from Primola - 20 Assorted Pralines. An assortment box, which was a little odd - they only have one other assortment box, all their other boxes contain only one variety. There were four varieties in this box, three of which I had tried before (Caramel, Cereal & Whipped Cream, Cereal & Cocoa Cream) and a new one (Cognac Cream). I was really curious about the Cognac Cream, they don't have anything similar in their current range, so I eventually bought the box. It says Dark & Milk Chocolate on the front but it should actually say Milk & Dark, because only one (the Cereal & Whipped Cream) of the four varieties is made with dark chocolate. The Caramel has a nice texture, but it is disgustingly sweet. The cereal chocolates have a nice smooth filling, but still, they're not something to go crazy about. And neither is the Cognac Cream. It doesn't mean it tastes bad, it doesn't. But I've tried better cognac chocolates (I'm thinking about Anthon Berg's Dark Velvet – Cognac Remy Martin here).

Price: 7.7 lei; that's the equivalent of €1.8/ ₤1.55/ $2.45;

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)