halloren pralines de maitre paul

I've been seeing the Halloren Balls (German original: Halloren Kugeln) in a couple of supermarkets for years, but I had only bought one box before the beginning of this month, when, not only did I buy three such boxes, but also two boxes from another Halloren range, Pralines de Maitre Paul: Creme Brulee and Kir Royal. I was not able to find this range (which also includes another variety, called English Toffee, I'm thinking about trying that one as well) on their website. However, looking through their products, I found out that they also make Laroshell (a liqueur filled chocolate range that I've discovered seven years ago) and Bohme (I didn't even know they had dark chocolate coated jellies, I'd wish they sold them here as well). And that they also own Movenpick Chocolates (link, image 1, image 2). I want Movenpick back! I first discovered them seven and a half years ago. But about two years later they were gone. And I haven't seen them since. Also, from their website I've learned that their history goes back to more than 200 years ago (thus being the oldest chocolate factory in Germany), that the Original Halloren Kugeln (the Whipped Cream & Cocoa) is 60 years old and that in 2005, they have produced the largest chocolate cat tongue in the world.

Back to the two boxes I bought. Creme Brulee (which is probably my favourite dessert out of everything my mother makes... she calls it Burnt Cream) consists of a custard base topped with a layer of caramel. Wikipedia says hard caramel, my mother's version of this dessert was with gooey caramel (which I personally like a lot better). Kir Royal is a cocktail made out of blackcurrant liqueur and champagne. Both boxes look beautiful: black, elegant and they really manage to let you know what you'll find inside. I appreciate that, as I'm a very curious creature and I like to know what's inside a chocolate box before opening it. I also like the feel of the black boxes when my fingers run across their surfaces. Inside each box there are 8 chocolates that look just as you would expect them to look. Cutting through them reveals that they really look just like the images on the boxes. The outer chocolate is a milk chocolate and it has a pleasant taste.

But what truly matters in the case of these chocolates is the filling. Which I have found disappointing in the case of Creme Brulee. Underneath the chocolate layer there was a marzipan layer; the centre was fondant-like and there were caramel bits from place to place. I know it will be difficult for me not to be disappointed by a creme brulee filling after trying Lindt's Petits Desserts Creme Brulee bar - that one was simply magical! If you happen to run across anyhing from Lindt's Petits Desserts range, grab it! And don't let go! It's certainly the best chocolate range my taste buds have ever encountered. Kir Royal also has a marzipan layer underneath the outer chocolate layer. The centre is Kir Royal. I left it last because I thought I would like this one better (I've never tried this cocktail so I don't know how it's supposed to taste, but it sounded very interesting). I was right. I liked how all components combined, the result was delicious. It wasn't the strongest taste, I'm not sure that's how Kir Royal should taste. However, my taste buds enjoyed it.

Ingredients:
» Creme Brulee: chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, emulsifier: soya lecithin, flavour: vanillin), marzipan (sugar, almonds, invert sugar syrup, water), vegetable fats, sugar, fondant (sugar, glucose syrup, water), lactose, caramels 3.2% (sugar, glucose syrup, butterfat, flavouring, salt, emulsifier: soya lecithin E322), caramel powder (whey, maltodextrin, hydrogenated vegetable fats, sugar), whole milk powder, skimmed milk powder, colour: extracts from fruits & plants, bourbon vanilla 0.14%, flavouring, invertase, emulsifier: soya lecithin; milk chocolate: min. 36% cocoa solids; may contain traces of almonds, nuts and cereal products.
» Kir Royal: pistachio marzipan (sugar, almonds, water, pistachio kernels, invert sugar syrup, glucose syrup, humectant: sorbitol, ethyl alcohol), chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, emulsifier: soya lecithin, flavour: vanillin), black currant concentrate 10.7% (glucose fructose syrup, black currant juice, sugar, humectant: sorbitol E428, thickener: pectin E440, acidity regulators: citric acid E330, sodium citrate E331, calcium citrate E333, flavouring), sugar, cream, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, Marc de Champagne 1.1%, whey product, alcohol, milk protein, emulsifier: soya lecithin, vanillin; milk chocolate: min. 36% cocoa solids; may contain traces of almonds, nuts and cereal products.

Storage: keep in a dry and cool place.

Nutritional info per 100g of product:
» Creme Brulee: energy 512kcal, protein 6g, fat 30g, carbohydrates 45g.
» Kir Royal: energy 506kcal, protein 6g, fat 40g, carbohydrates 55g.

Price: 13 lei each 112g box; that's the equivalent of €3.04/ ₤2.66/ $4.21

Formular comentarii

formular

cauta

scriu despre

with chocolate (38) chocolate (30) milk chocolate (27) dark chocolate (22) cocoa (13) ice-cream (13) Romania (12) Germany (11) cherry (11) alcohol (10) fruit (10) orange (10) caramel (9) hazelnut (9) vanilla (8) white chocolate (8) France (7) cake (7) muffin (7) chocolate chip (6) chocolate coating (6) cream (6) rum (6) spirit (6) Belgium (5) Halloren (5) Italy (5) coffee (5) filled chocolate (5) liqueur (5) wafer (5) Kaufland (4) Poland (4) almond (4) apple (4) marzipan (4) strawberry (4)